Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Gratitude- The simplest way of multiplying good!


The universal Law of Attraction is familiar to most people these days. Religions, Quantum Physics, Meta-physics and ancient mystical practices have all spoken of this law in some way or other. This is a tried and tested age-old law that is ALWAYS at work, weather you believe in it or not.

The law speaks about the mechanism of ‘like energy attracts like energy’.  And since we are beings with thoughts, feelings and behaviours (which are all forms of energy), whatever we give our attention to creates specific waves of energy that we send out into our environment. Therefore, if we apply our lives and this law to gratitude, whatever we think about and feel grateful for, attracts more of that to us. That’s why ‘”the better it gets, the better it gets and the worse it gets, the worse it gets”-Esther/Abraham Hicks.

You have heard many times, I’m sure, people saying things like, “you get what you give” or “what goes around comes around”. Well these types of sayings are all describing the Universal Law of Attraction. Even Sir Isaac Newton discovered this law and described it in his laws of motion, which state: Every action has an opposite and equal action or reaction. Therefore, if you give thanks for something, you will cause the opposite reaction of receiving more of that thing.  It’s kind of like a boomerang. And the more intensely you give thanks to something, the greater the amount of that thing you will receive back.  Unfortunately this takes place in the negative as well, which is the reason why we all need to be aware of what we are giving our attention to.

In a nutshell, if we consciously become more grateful for the good in our lives, the more good we will attract. It’s Law! No matter how big or small the thing we are grateful for is, if we connect to that positive experience, we are launching rockets of positivity into our environment which will in turn attract more of that thing.

Many people have manifested great lives from writing a gratitude journal. I quite like the simple yet effective basic exercise in the book The Magic by Rhonda Byrne as set our below:

It is best to do this exercise in the morning, so that it sets a positive cycle for your day, but you can also do it any other time of the day.

You can do the exercise in a book or journal, or type it out on your computer.

1. List ten things that you are grateful for and say why every day. It doesn’t matter how big or small those things are- it is the positive energy of that thing you want to connect with.

You can start your statements with something like:
“I am so grateful that…..” and say why….
or “I am truly blessed…….” and say why…..
or I am so happy and grateful…..” and say why.

Here are a couple of examples:
“I am so grateful for the car that I have because it takes me to wherever I ant to go”.
“I am so grateful for X in my life who makes me feel so loved”.
“I am so happy and grateful for the holiday I have booked so that I can relax and energize myself and have fun”.
“I am so grateful for the money I received today that allows me to buy the things I want and need”.
“I am so grateful for the money I have to pay for this delicious meal”.
It doesn’t matter if you repeat things on different days, remember, it’s the vibration you want to connect to that will bring more of that thing.

2. After you have recorded ten statements, read through them and say thank you thank you thank you (three times) and feel the gratitude for as much as you can.

3. Make your list of ten things every day. Later on, if you find that your day is going into  a negative spin, think of or write more things to be grateful for. Look around you and you’ll find many things. This will put your day back into a positive spin so that you can attract more goodness.

Here are some subjects to help you think of things to be grateful for:

Health  & Wellness
Work and success
Money
Relationships
Happiness
Love
Life
Nature
Weather
Material goods
Services
Any other subject

Adapted from The Magic

Create the life you say you want. Take any amount of things that are good and use gratitude to grow more of them. It’s law!

Happy JOY creating.

Live inJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment